Conference Hotel & Overflow Hotel (SOLD OUT!) – See Overflow hotel below.
Except for the sessions at the National Museum of African American History and Culture on Friday, all other sessions will be held at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City
2799 Richmond Highway, Arlington, VA 22202, USA
Single or double-occupancy: $129 per night (plus tax)
Triple or quadruple-occupancy: $129 per night (plus tax)
The hotel offers complimentary WiFi in the guest rooms and in the meeting space.
Click here to reserve your room at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City $199 per night single-quadruple occupancy. The hotel offers complimentary WiFi in the guest rooms.
Deadline to reserve your room is May 4, 2023 at both hotels.
Overflow Hotel Reservations
DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC Crystal City (overflow hotel)
300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA 22202
TEL: +1 703-416-4100
If you are looking to find a roommate, click here.
(5% is the insurance rate for Inability to Attend Insurance.) Attendee Registration Insurance is now included in your registration fees. This coverage is underwritten by Lloyds of London. You will receive a 100% refund, if you are unable to attend the event for a reason outside of your control that is covered under the policy. This coverage starts on the date you pay for registration and ends on the first date of the show. Click Here for the claims website and then click on the tab
Policy Terms & Conditions to see what is covered under the policy. Click here to submit a claim or send an email to Sales@rainprotection.net)
Regular Registration Rates including 5% insurance
Remote registration: $157.50
In-person (includes wine & cheese, 3 lunches, 2 coffee breaks/day, and banquet) registration fees:
First Time Graduate Student: $191.10
Returning Graduate Student: $267.75
First time NASSH attendee/under-employed/retired: $378
Regular returning NASSH: $467.25
Guests may attend the Friday night reception and Monday night banquet for an additional $100 (see the combo tickets that say PLUS GUEST at the bottom of the list of tickets).
As everyone knows, inflation has taken its toll on prices across the board. NASSH’s expenses have also increased while our portfolio, like most, has taken a hit. Therefore, it is important to the financial health of the organization that we try hard to not lose too much on this conference. Based on our contract with the hotel for food, conference rooms, and AV equipment, as well as our arrangement for our wine & cheese event at the Smithsonian, the breakeven number is about $375/person. The remote registration fee is at a breakeven point for the software we are using. We have chosen to remain with a tiered fee schedule, and we are asking those fully employed NASSH members to help subsidize others.
Attendee Registration Insurance is now included in your registration fees. This coverage is underwritten by Lloyds of London. You will receive a 100% refund, if you are unable to attend the NASSH 2023 for a reason outside of your control that is covered under the policy. Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the conclusion of the event. This coverage starts on the date you pay for registration and ends on the first date of the show. To request a refund, please visit the claims website at the link below. You will be asked to enter some information and provide a few supporting documents. Click here to submit a claim.)
What is covered:
1. The death, injury, or illness happening to the attendee or exhibitor, a member of their immediate family who is under the age of 70, or any person(s) in the group due to attend the event with the attendee.
2. Adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police service or other local Government agency have issued warning not to travel.
3. Mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft in route of a private vehicle taking the attendee or exhibitor to this event.
4. Jury Duty which the attendee or exhibitor was unaware of at the time of registration.
5. The attendee or exhibitor being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness which they were unaware of at the time of registration.
6. Burglary or fire at the residence of the attendee or exhibitor in the forty-eight (48) hours immediately before this event that required attendance of the emergency services.
7. The attendee or exhibotor being a member of the armed forces and being posted overseas unexpectedly.
8. Unexpected disruption of the public transport networks the attendee or exhibitor could not have reasonably known about before the date or time of this event
9. The attendee or exhibitor being relocated for work more than one hundred (100) miles from work location which they were unaware of at the time of booking, or they are unexpectedly terminated from their job.